The following five tips serve as a great way of keeping your mouth healthier for longer.
1. Pay your dentist a visit: by booking an appointment with your dentist at least twice a year, you’ll effectively be catching problems such as gum disease, tooth decay, oral trauma, or mouth cancer at their earliest stages – that is, when these conditions are easier to have treated and more affordable to take care of.
2. Switch from soda: though fun, soda’s fizziness is also part of the reason why it’s so bad for you. The major ingredients that give soda its ‘bite’ – phosphoric and citric acid – also eat away at your teeth. A can or more a day softens your teeth’s enamel, making them more susceptible to cavities. Our amalgam free fillings can help repair any damage.
3. Ditch the sweets: a major cause of tooth decay, sugar fuels bacteria and acidity inside your mouth. This causes plaque to develop and eat away at your enamel and gums. Expert tooth whitening services can fix eroded, yellow looking teeth.
4. The right tools: use a toothbrush with soft bristles – this should last you up to three months. If you notice any bent bristles, it’s time to look for a replacement. A straight bristle tip – once blunted instead of rounded – can cause injury to your teeth and your gums.
5. Don’t forget to floss: flossing works towards fostering healthier gums and teeth. Be sure to unroll a fresh section for each tooth, keeping the floss tight to break up plaque while also leaving your gums in as good a shape as possible.
For the best in dental hygiene advice – as well as a whole host of oral health care solutions – look no further than our team of professionally qualified cosmetic dentistsbased here in Brisbane.